Tuesday, September 17, 2013

And she's off!!

The first of  many updates for Sister Bethany Winn!  

Bethany entered the MTC on September 4th 2013, and then flew to Chicago on September 16th, 2013.  We just found out today where she will be serving.  We got a quick text from her, and this is her address:

Sister Winn
800 Waukegan Rd. #203
Glenview, Il. 60025

We don't know any more at this point.  We don't even know her companions name yet!  We will be sure to update the blog when we get more information.  We did happen to find out that her area has the Chicago temple in it!  Bethany had asked us to mainly communicate to everyone through this blog.  We will add parts of her letters and pictures.  I think there might be a way you can be notified by the blog when there are new updates.  

Here is an excerpt from the first letter we received from Bethany:

  I can feel my testimony growing a TON already, even in the past 36 hours.  It's draining to be so spiritual all the time!  haha.  But really, my testimony of Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghosts' powerful role in our lives has been strengthened.  I really believe in everything that we'll be teaching.  It all makes sense, and I can feel the Spirit really strongly.  Another thing I'm really learning is that it's not about me.  (Mom's reaction: "Oh really?  And haven't I been telling you that all along?" ;)  I KNOW it's not about me, but that includes even when you're teaching lessons.  It means that you're not thinking about the next thing you can say, the next thing that won't make you look dumb, the next thing you can plan.  It's all about setting the stage for the Spirit to take over and convert, which is kind of nice that you don't have to be the one converting.  You're just providing the opportunity for the person to feel the Spirit.



Bethany with her new companion, Mission President and Sister Woodbury.  September 17, 2013
Chicago, Illinois Mission office.
                                  Bethany with her MTC district.  Provo, Utah  September, 2013
 Sister Winn with her MTC district.  9/2013  Her companion is Sister Michalsen who is standing right                                          next to her.
                 Sister Winn with her district outside of their Wyview MTC apartments.  9/2013
                                                             MTC cafeteria  9/2013
 The famous point to where you are going, pic.  It's kinda funny that they are all going to the same place!  9/ 2013  MTC Provo, Utah

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I love seeing pictures and reading about her mish! And good luck converting Oprah.....I will personally fly out for that baptism! (It will be cool.....I will act like I don't know Sister Winn...nobody will ever know!) ;) So excited for her! She's is so awesome. I'm so happy for her and for everyone she is going to teach! They are some very lucky people. Do you ever think you want to fly out there and just spy on her? I wanna go with you when you do! Wouldn't it be fun? OK fine....maybe it's"against the rules" and maybe it's "frowned upon"......sheesh.....I guess I will just have to wait for the next update. ;)

    ReplyDelete